If you’ve been dreaming of long-lasting nail polish which dries instantly at home, OPI Gel Nail Polish is the product you’ve been searching for. In the past, if you wanted gel nails, you had to visit a manicurist to get them done. While you may be excited at the prospect of finally being able to do your own gel nails at home, you may also be a bit intimidated. Are the steps complicated? Do you really need a UV or LED light to cure the polish? Is gel nail polish at home more trouble than it is worth?
Actually, applying OPI gel nail polish is quite easy. Here are the basic steps and supplies you will need.
- OPI GelColor base coat
- OPI Gel Nail Polish
- OPI GelColor top coat
- Curing light (such as the OPI LED light)
- OPI bonding agent (optional)
1. Start by thoroughly cleaning your nails. If you wish to buff your nails, you can, but make sure that no nail dust remains in the nail bed when you are finished.
2. If you wish, you can apply an OPI bonding agent at this point so that the gel will adhere more strongly. You also should wipe down your nails with alcohol in order to dehydrate them. This makes the polish last longer.
3. Next, apply OPI GelColor base coat to your nails.
4. Use the OPI LED light to cure the base coat. This should take around half a minute.
5. Next, apply the OPI Gel Nail Polish color of your choice. Once that is complete, again cure your nails under the LED light for around 30 seconds.
6. Lastly, you apply the OPI GelColor top coat to your nails. Finish up by curing that for half a minute.
OPI Gel Nail Polish Application Q&A
Now that you know how to apply OPI gel nail polish, let’s answer a few frequently asked questions.
Q: Do I really need an LED light?
A: Yes! “Gel” nail polish products which do not require an LED or UV light to cure are not real gel nail products—they are regular nail polish being deceptively marketed. With any genuine gel nail polish (like OPI), an LED light is a must.
Q: What results can I expect?
A: OPI gel nail polish is smooth with a texture not so different from standard nail polish. It is not super thick.
Q: How do I remove OPI gel nail polish?
A: To remove the polish, you need to soak cotton balls in acetone and apply them to your nails for around 10 minutes. Sometimes the process may take slightly longer.
Conclusion: Applying OPI Gel Nail Polish is Fast and EasySo long as you go into the process with all the supplies you need, you should find that it is an easy matter to apply OPI gel nail polish. Now you can finally have that beautiful look you love without setting foot outside your own door!